So as a mom, it’s a constant battle to feed Bean something other than French Fries. She loves them. It’s easy to see why, I mean they are delicious. But every mom wants to know that they are feeding their child something other than an empty starch. So I tested this recipe on my family and it was a HIT! And the best part is you can season the “fries” differently each time, spicy, savory, etc. I hope you have as much luck with it as I did. Enjoy!
Servings: makes 2 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/4 inch thick ‘fries’
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmigiana reggiano (Parmesan), grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dredge the eggplant slices in the flour, dip them in the egg and then into a mixture of the panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan, thyme salt and pepper.
- Place the eggplant slices on a wire rack on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 425* F oven until golden brown, about 7-10 minutes.